Laptops are available for checkout only to UNF faculty, staff, and students with a valid Osprey 1Card. Non-UNF personnel and Special Borrowers may not check out laptops.
- For security reasons and protection from the elements, laptops are required to remain in the library at all times.
- Laptops are circulated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The length of loan is 3 hours.
- All laptops, regardless of when they were checked out, must be returned 15 minutes before the library closes.
- Laptops may be renewed if units are available when returned.
Fines and Bills
- Overdue fines are $5.00 per hour with a $100 maximum. Power cords are fined at a rate of $1.00 per hour.
- Any fraction of an hour is billed for a full $5.00. (In other words, a laptop returned 1 hour and 1 minute overdue will create a fine of $10.00.)
- Upon initial checkout, all users must sign a Laptop Checkout Acknowledgement accepting all liability for loss and damage to the unit. This agreement is good for the calendar year.
- Laptop units MUST remain under the control of the user at all times. Users must never leave a laptop unattended; borrowers are financially responsible for the return of the unit.
- If a user does not return a laptop, approximately $800 dollars will be billed to the user’s MyWings account and a financial hold will be placed on registration, graduation, transcripts, etc.
- A $30.00 charge will be incurred if the power cord is not returned.
- Laptops are loaded with special software that erases any stored data if the laptop loses power or is rebooted. All data is erased when the laptop is returned to the checkout desk. Users are responsible for saving their own data to external storage devices.
- Library staff have limited training in the use of the equipment and software. Each user should expect to invest some time learning how to use the device effectively as part of their own unique educational experience.