Q. How much does it cost to print?
A. It costs 9 cents per page for black and white and 25 cents per page for a color copy.
Q. I do not have my Osprey ID. Can I still use the printer?
A. Yes. You can purchase a temporary print card from the machines where you add money. We have a $5 machine on the first floor and a $1 and a $5 machine on the second floor. It costs 45 cents to make the card and the balance left is added on the card already.
Q. I sent a job to printer. Where are the printers?
A. We have black and white printers located on the first, second, and third floors. The color copier is located on the second floor.
Q. Can I print double sided pages from the printer?
A. Yes. Once you go to file>print you can change the option from print one sided to double sided. Note that you will get charged for two pages if you print double sided.
Q. Why does my job not show up on the printer?
A. Make sure you are logged in with your n number and password because the jobs are in order by n number. If you are logged in as a guest you will have to locate your document by the title you gave to it when you saved it.
Q. How do I print from my laptop?
A. You first have to make sure you are logged in to the UNF secure network. If you cannot sign in please either visit the ITS help desk (Library 1st floor) or give them a call at 620-HELP (4357) for assistance.
- Once you are logged into the secure network you can either click or copy and paste this link http://aux-printer-on.unfcsd.unf.edu/cps/index.jsp and select print
- Type your n number in the field and click log in
- Either choose library or librarycolor to instruct which printer to send your job
- Choose the browse option if you have the document saved to your computer to upload it or you can enter the url of the webpage you are on in the box below to print and click continue
- Choose your page settings and click continue
- It will take a couple of seconds to approve the print job but once the print job is approved click Submit Job To Printer and your job will show up
Q. My PowerPoint slides have a black background. How can I use less ink so I can print on both sides?
A. It appears that gray-scale and black & white print the same way - background is gray with black lettering. This prints OK double-sided, without too much bleedthrough. Also note: you may have a different outcome depending on the version of PowerPoint you use and whether you are printing as slides or handouts. Students report that handouts print with white background and black lettering when sent to the black & white printer.
Q. How do I print from JSTOR?
A. Click "View PDF" (make sure to read and accept the conditions set by JSTOR). Now, you can use the print button within the PDF.
Q. How do I print multiple slides per page within PowerPoint?
A. Click on Print. In the menu on the left side of the page, under Settings, you will see an option under slides that defaults to "Full Page Slides: Print 1 slide per page." Use the drop-down menu there to change the setting to the number of slides you'd like on each page.
Q. How do you print an entire workbook in Excel?
A. Go to print menu, settings, and select "print entire workbook."