Students with some type of print disability, as determined by UNF Student Accessibility Services, may request text-only or PDF versions of copyrighted titles available in the HathiTrust collection through the Accessible Text Request Service.
Students can request copies of any copyrighted title in the HathiTrust collection, not just those that UNF typically has access to. “Copyrighted books are listed as "limited (search-only)" in the HathiTrust Digital Library Collection”
Eligible students should:
- Go to https://www.hathitrust.org/
- Select “LOG IN.”
- In the “Find your partner institution” drop-down menu, search for University of North Florida and then select Continue.
- When prompted, enter your N# and password.
- Arrive at “Search HathiTrust’s digital library” on the HathiTrust main page.
- Enter your search terms in the Search input fields.
- Select the “Search” button.
- In Search Results, locate the item you wish to access. If the book is listed as “Full View” you can read or download it yourself.
- Find "Limited (search-only)" books. By default, only books that are "Full View" are included in your search results. To include "Limited (search-only)" books as well, you need to modify the search filters in the left sidebar under "Filter Your Search" to select the All Items radio button. If using a screen reader, this is described as "Item Availability grouping", and select the "All Items" radio button to reload your search results.
- After finding the book(s) you are interested in, contact email@example.com with the link to the book and request that they provide you with a download of the book.
Additional information can be found on HathiTrust’s Accessible Text Request Service page at: https://www.hathitrust.org/accessible-texts