In keeping with each college comprising the structure of University of North Florida, the Thomas G. Carpenter Library has an important team of civic leaders known as the Dean's Leadership Council. The Council aid the Library dean in developing and achieving the Library's strategic initiatives and mission. Its members are nominated to the Council by the dean or council-members. Participation in the Library Dean's Leadership Council encourages and empowers students by providing critical, non-state funded, enrichment...resulting in substantially increased library usage, improved grade point averages and higher graduation rates.
Interested community-members may contact the UNF Library's Administrative Assistant to request a meeting with the dean here.
Council Membership Guidelines
• Attend quarterly council meetings
• Help define the direction of the Library
• Develop relationships with community leaders investing in educational excellence for our region
• Select library scholarship and student award winners
• Receive special invitations to UNF programs, luncheons, cultural events and VIP receptions
• Receive the opportunity to collaborate and develop small and large events, programs and meetings
• Assist in the Library’s growth by identifying your associates who would enjoy sharing membership privileges and providing resource support
• Support the Library with an annual pledge of $1,000 to the Dean’s Excellence Fund. Made payable in one sum or $250 per quarter provided over one fiscal year. Pledges provide critically needed outreach support for students and Library-user enrichment.
• Make a lasting impact on the future of the Library and the University of North Florida, enhancing the educational environment for tens of thousands of students every year
• Receive a free UNF Library Community card
• Receive free, annual parking privileges