The Thomas G. Carpenter Library’s annual Showcase of Faculty Scholarly and Creative Activity is dedicated to the presentation of faculty scholarly and creative activities, including books, journal articles, artwork, performances, and more. As part of UNF’s Research Week, the Showcase will feature faculty from a range of disciplines, celebrating their advancements in knowledge, teaching, and creativity. The goal of the Showcase is to expose the university community to the breadth of faculty research and increase student awareness of the importance of these endeavors.
The Showcase is one of several events held during UNF’s Research Week.
UNF faculty are invited to submit scholarly and creative works to be included in the Showcase of Faculty Scholarly and Creative Activity.
Types of work eligible for submission
- Books will be made available for display. Books not currently available in the library will be ordered and added to the University Archives. Faculty are encouraged to donate copies to the collection.
- Chapters or works in collections/anthologies will be made available for display. Faculty are encouraged to donate copies to the collection.
- Copies of articles, reviews, and patents will be on display for the event.
- Artwork will be displayed whenever possible. Photographs of artwork will be displayed when it is not possible for security reasons to display the original object. Faculty are encouraged to upload a photograph as part of their submission.
- Recordings of performances will be played during the event. Faculty are encouraged to upload recordings of their performances as part of their submission or contact Stephanie Race, Head of Research and Outreach, to discuss options.
- Video, computer code, or other multimedia will be displayed on portable devices provided by the library whenever possible. Faculty are encouraged to upload multimedia files as part of their submission or contact Stephanie Race, Head of Research and Outreach, to discuss display options.
- Other creative activity (e.g., virtual reality, robotics) can be showcased. Contact Stephanie Race, Head of Research and Outreach, to discuss options.
The Showcase will be held in the Chamblin Room on the first floor of the Library Commons. Scholarly and creative works will be displayed to facilitate browsing and to encourage dialogue between faculty presenters and attendees. Participants are not required to provide additional display materials.
- Submissions will be accepted through March 13, 2020.
- All submissions should be original work published between January 1, 2019 and February 28, 2020. Pre-publications will not be accepted.
- Faculty selected to participate must be available to attend the Showcase on Thursday, April 9, 2020 from 2:30 – 4:00 p.m.
- Space is limited and all faculty requesting to participate will be notified no later than March 29, 2020.
- To apply to participate, complete the online submission form. You will be required to provide:
- Title of work
- Publication information
- Description of work (250 word maximum)
- Brief biographical statement (100 word maximum)
- Faculty are encouraged to join UNF’s SelectedWorks to showcase their research. Research can also be added to UNF’s Digital Commons to make it available for researchers worldwide. To get started, upload your CV as part of the submission or contact Courtenay McLeland, Head of Digital Projects and Preservation, for more information.
SUBMIT YOUR RESEARCH
Stephanie Race, Head of Research and Outreach