The University of North Florida, in Jacksonville, invites applications for a Systems Librarian. The Thomas G. Carpenter Library is the vibrant academic hub for the university’s 16,300 students. The recently renovated Library is located at the center of the campus surrounded by beautiful grounds, a nature preserve, and an active community of student and faculty scholars.
Under the supervision of the Director of Library Systems and Technology, the Systems Librarian:
- Enhances the functionality, accessibility, and effectiveness of the Thomas G. Carpenter Library's website, including overseeing content development and design.
- Coordinates and facilitates access to web content and library systems such as the Integrated Library Systems (ILS) and Springhare products across all library departments.
- Keeps library staff abreast of emerging technologies and systems that may be adapted locally to advance the Carpenter Library's mission.
- Supports the Library's Administration, Public, and Technical Services departments, as needed. Includes teaching technology classes, managing interlibrary loan and electronic resource systems, and supporting systems used to digitize resources.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of library systems in support of instruction, research, access, digitization, collection management and discovery, and Special Collections.
- Engages in usability testing and other assessments of library technologies and systems.
- Troubleshoots technological problems as needed.
- Works collegially with the university Information Technology Services Division to identify, stand-up, and manage library technologies and systems.
- Serves as library liaison for academic department(s). Performs other duties as directed to accomplish the goals of the Carpenter Library and UNF.
- Prepares and maintains departmental documentation for new and existing procedures and processes.
Relevant library experience earned in an academic library; strong service orientation and experience in assisting users with online resources; background in developing database-driven dynamic websites; experience with usability testing and incorporating user feedback; and project management skills. Experience with an integrated library system migration, such as Aleph to Sierra; and knowledge of and experience with an interlibrary loan system, such as ILLIAD. Experience with APIs.
Salary at the Assistant Librarian rank is $47,750 to negotiable. Applicants with five or more years of relevant academic library experience and with an appropriate record of scholarship and service, post MLS, may be hired at the rank of Associate Librarian with a salary that is commensurate with experience, $55,00 to negotiable.
Statement of Understanding:
UNF is a Carnegie Community Engaged Institution. This designation celebrates the University's collaboration with community partners from the local to the global level. It reflects UNF's mission to contribute to the public good and prepare educated, engaged citizens.
How to Apply:
Applicants must complete an online application, as well as upload supplemental documents, at www.unfjobs.org to be considered for this position. Applicants who do not apply online and/or upload all the required documents will not be considered for this position. Once you submit both your completed application and uploaded documents you will receive a confirmation number. Keep the confirmation number for your records. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Susie Parks at (904) 620-2553 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
UNF strategically supports an aim to operate as a preeminent, vibrantly inclusive employer in higher education. The successful candidate should demonstrate a capacity to work among diverse constituencies in the immediate university community and beyond.