Government Documents

SuDoc Call Numbers

Federal government publications are arranged by a system called the Superintendent of Documents Classification System, also known as "SuDoc."  The system is based on the issuing agency.  Florida, Jacksonville, and UNF publications in the documents area are arranged in a similar manner.

Identifying each part in government documents call numbers


Hint:  The part before the colon is called a stem.  There may be many items with the same stem, but what comes after the colon should designate only one publication.


Thomas G. Carpenter Library

1 UNF Drive

Jacksonville, FL 32224

Phone: 904-620-2615

Text: 904-507-4122

View Map

Library Vision

The Carpenter Library aspires to be the intellectual center of its community, to foster innovations that lead to the discovery of knowledge, and to further the research and scholarly endeavors of its users.

Contact  |  Emergency  |   Privacy  |   Regulations  |   Consumer Information  |   Disability Accommodations  |  Diversity |  Jobs at UNF

If you are experiencing difficulty accessing information on the site due to a disability, visit our website accessibility page.