At the University of North Florida, engaged faculty, broad educational offerings and beautiful natural surroundings provide an ideal environment to inspire our students and our community. At its core lies the Thomas G. Carpenter Library, the University’s academic hub and an inclusive space of vibrant collaboration and superior educational technology focused on student success.
The University enriches our community intellectually, culturally and fiscally like no other place in Jacksonville. At its heart is the Library, nurturing diversity, drive and dedication -- evident within the building at all hours. The library is also available to the entire community. It is a public space where people can enjoy rich programming and access library expertise, materials, archives and equipment. As seen in “Tommy G by the Numbers,” the Library and its vast digital resources are accessed more than 1.5 million times per year by the UNF community and the community at large.
Research shows university libraries are one of the top three recruitment factors in college selection by students. Engagement with campus libraries by individuals and corporations within the community is critical to providing continued, outstanding service -- and attracting the brightest and most innovative minds into the city. When you serve on the Library’s Dean’s Leadership Council you support UNF as a whole and help ensure a premier work force for the city of Jacksonville.
Dr. Elizabeth Curry, Dean
Interested parties may contact the Library's Executive Secretary to request a meeting with the Dean here.
Council Membership Guidelines:
• Attend quarterly council meetings
• Help define the direction of the Library
• Develop relationships with community leaders investing in educational excellence for our region
• Select library scholarship and student award winners
• Receive special invitations to UNF programs, luncheons, cultural events and VIP receptions
• Receive the opportunity to collaborate and develop small and large events, programs and meetings
• Assist in the Library’s growth by identifying your associates who would enjoy sharing membership privileges and providing resource support
• Support the Library with an annual pledge of $1,000 to the Dean’s Excellence Fund, providing critical student and faculty annual program support
• Make a lasting impact on the future of the Library and the University of North Florida, enhancing the educational environment for tens of thousands of students every year
• Receive a free Friends of the Library card
• Receive free, annual parking privileges
(PICTURED ABOVE, RIGHT) Members of the UNF Library Dean's Council: Leigh-Ann Sullivan, Dr. Lisandra Carmichael, Evelyn McDonald, Sharon Goldman, Frank Vastola, Dr. Elizabeth Curry, John Irvin, Andre Boutte, Phyllis Andruszkiewicz, Jennifer Wolfe & Jen Murray - June 9, 2017