The Thomas G. Carpenter Library supports the educational goals of the University by providing information resources, services, and programs that encourage study and learning, support instruction and academic programs, facilitate research and scholarship, and engage the university-at-large and the broader communities we serve.
Most Library services are fully available online. What you can expect:
- Access to millions of journal articles available electronically from over 300 online databases.
- ILL (Interlibrary Loan) services for those articles we can't access online, with electronic delivery. Mail delivery of physical items is also available.
- Nearly a quarter of a million e-books available through OneSearch or the e-books link in Databases by Subject.
- Reference services via LibAnswers, text, IM, email, and phone.
Research & Instruction
- Library/research instruction is still an option in online courses. Contact Stephanie (to the right) or Lauren Newton for more information. Or fill out the Research Consultation request for class sessions and indicate that you would like an online session.
- Research appointments via online video sessions via Bb Collaborate, Skype, Google Hangouts, etc. are also available. Please fill out (or direct students to) the Appointment Request Form for individual "meetings" and tell us in the description field that you'd like to meet online.